Lump on the right of neck, no pain, seems to very soft. Worrisome?

Hi, I have a tiny lump on the right side of my neck , I m not too worried about it, but I want to double check. I have one other one since I was born but this appeared today, it s not painful at all. Its very soft and jelly-like. It s way too noticible for me to be comfortable with it. I m 14 and male, I also play football, maybe that has something to do with it? also I m not sure if I should ask a doctor in your study
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012

Welcome to HCM.
It is most probably a swelling arising for the fat tissues of the body below the skin.
Its better to get examined to rule out other problems.
It is not related to age or football.

Wishing you good health,