Lump on the leg below knee, noticeable on sitting or standing, no pain. Signs of it be malignant?

This past month i noticed a lump on my leg, below my knee , more to the outer part o it. it doesnt pain but is more noticabe when i an standing or sitting. Two other members of my family have had lumps removed from other parts of their bodies and they were told it was not malignant, my question is whether or not it could be a tumor .
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It is difficult to comment only on the basis of history. It would be better if you get MRI examination of the swelling and needle biopsy. Since you have noticed this swelling in one month that means it is growing fast and that is not good thing. I would suggest you to show it to surgeon as soon as possible.