Lump on the left rib cage after having a hair line fracture, lump growing, not painful, hard itchy when weather changes. Reason?

i have a lump about the size of a quarter on my left rib cage. i fell about 8 years ago and fell on my left side of my rib, i noticed a very small lump a few days later. went to the doctor had xray done he said it was a hairline crack on my rib...over the years the lump started to grow very slow.its not painful its hard and feels like bone..but i notice that it itches sometime...and when it cloud up and rain out side seems to irritate it when the weather changes i am a 57 year old male.... im wondering if this something to worry about.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
The lump on the rib cage that you have noticed is due to callus formation that is necessary for proper bone healing. This will resolve on its own.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,