Lump on the knee after a fall. Swelling is getting larger. Difficulty in walking. Could this be serious?

Hi, I fell off my bike directly onto my right knee (didnt break the fall with my hand so knee copped the full brunt). Broke the skin etc and there is a lump where I landed on it (but that area feels ok now), swelling started behind the knee almost immediately. I ve iced and elevated it and now (3 hours later) I can t bend it and it feels like its getting worse, feels really tight to try bend at both sides of the knee (if that makes sense). Swelling i now getting larger on the inside of the knee, towards the back... I can bear weight on it when it is straight and I walk. Feels like a lot more than just bruising. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks Beck
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012