Lump on the base of the skull. No pain. Need treatment?

In Nov I found a lump (about the size of a grape cut in half and fella about the same firmness) on the base of my skull midway between center and my right ear. No pain, doesn't give me any noticable headaches or other issues that I noticed, it appeared to almost disappear by the end of Dec, but was back mid Jan but in a slightly different location, more to the center, I noticed yesterday that it is now almost center (my center comes to a point and this is just off and definatly not the same point). When I push on it my right inner ear is iritated, almost feels like pressure change, and the lump itself feels warm for awhile after....
I use the va system and dread even thinking what kind of missdiag. How many trips to different Dr ill have to make to just to figure out what it is let alone treatment...can you give me some idea what it might be and how ergent I should treat it?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013