Lump on scapha, painful to touch, not noticeable in mirror. What could be this?

I Have a Sort of lumpish feeling on my Scapha, everytime i touch it it sends alot of pain ....and when i see it on the mirror it s not really noticeable
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Hi ,

I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

You seem to have developed either a lipoma or a bony swelling of the scaphoid.

You should get yourself assessed by a surgeon of orthopedic doctor soon.
Lipomas are usually harmless swellings though, but its differentiation is necessary.

Painful lipomas need surgical removal.

Wishing you speedy recovery

Dr Geetika Paul
MD( Dermatology)