Lump on roof of mouth, swelling, irritation, chronic recurring condition. Allergy symptoms?

Hello I have a lump in the centre on the roof of my mouth. It has been there for almost 10 years. It becomes swollen, irritated and itchy for periods of time (days to weeks) and then settles down again, only to come back a week or so later. It feels like it is related to my allergies (eye conjunctivitis ). I did see an ENT specialist about 6 years ago. He told me it was just some dermatitis . What I really need is for someone to tell me how I can get some relief. It is very uncomfortable.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013