Lump on right side of throat, thyroid reports normal, loud snoring, CT scan done, suggested radioactive iodine or FNA. Surgery?

I am 33 year old Indian Male and recently diagnosed with a 5cm big lump on the right side of my thyroid . Thyroid reports are normal and i have no other symptoms related to this except loud snoring . There is a swelling on right side opf my neck from last 1.5 months. It just popped out overnight in the month of April 2012. As per my CT SCAN doctor says its such a big lum and cant grow overnight and must be there from last 2-3 years. They have recommended radioactive iodine or FNA for this. I am more worried about its size . I would like to know how to get rid of it. I am more afraid of surgery part. Please suggest.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012