Lump on neck, reddish purple discoloration, coughing, weird taste in mouth. Treatment?

Hello, I have a small marble size lump in the middle of my neck , kind of by where a guy s adam s apple would be located. I got this about 8 months ago, and went to the doctor and my family doctor couldn t tell what it was, so i made appt with a dermatologist but by time I got into the dermatologist (4 wks later) the lump had decreased signifcantly in size, but it was still there but so small you couldn t notice. Just in the last week this lump got bigger in size again, and it gets red/purple, and hurts, and at times it feels like I have a wierd taste in my mouth and cough more frequently, so I am not sure if it s related to the lump. I am unsure what this lump is, and I don t know if it s serious or not. I am waiting to get into the dermatologist again, but it s taking forever to make an appointment.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
HI
HAVE U LOST WEIGHT ,IS THERE EVENING RISE OF TEMPERATURE,THESE ALL QUESTION ARE SIGNIFICANT,U SHOULD CONSULT A SURGEON NOT A DERMATOLOGIST FOR LUMP.