Lump on elbow, painful, pus-filled. Applied heat pack. What is this?

I had a lump on my elbow for a year.It was usually painless but sometimes hurt a little. I recently started putting heat packs on it and one day pus started coming out. I squeezed it about once every 2 days for a week. Recently when I squeeze it pus comes out followed by a white thin sheet of what looks like a clump of dried glue. It usually gets stuck and I have to pull it out of the hole and an entire sheet comes out. What is this?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Hi think it would be great idea to have cultured the germ that caused the pus since certainly, was a slow growing organism. However, pus around the elbow could easily attain the elbow joint. Doing an A ray of the elbow to ensure the integrity of this joint could be a good idea.
Consult your primary care physician for a better follow and search for the cause or predisposing factors to this scenario.
Just the best,
Luchuo, MD.