Lump in the throat causing dry cough, blocked nose, gurgling noise. Endoscopy scheduled. Could this be cancer?

Hi yes, thank you. I have been suffering for a couple of months now with a lump in my throat causing me to swallow more, I have to keep clearing my throat so have a dry tickly cough, my nose seems blocked at times and I keep getting this gurgling noise in my throat. My GP has prescribed several kinds of tablets to treat reflux but none of them have seemed to work. I now have an appointment for an Endoscopy but not until 27th July. Any ideas what could be causing these symptoms - I keep googling them and come up with things like cancer of the larynx or throat!! I am worried and cannot bring my endoscopy forward any more. Thanks you, kind regards Kim
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012