Lump in calf, painful, swollen. Earlier hurt ankle. Serious?

Hi, I am 15 female. I have noticed a medium lump in my left calf, it pops out when I flex. Recently I hurt my left ankle badly. I fell over and landed on it, it was very painful and swollen, I could move my toes just not my actual foot. Sometimes it s still quite painful and it feels awkward. I knotice pain in my left calf when I walk home from school. The pain is towards the back of my calf. It feels tight. I have no idea what the lump is and I am not sure if it is serious. I have told my mum and she said she will take me into the doctors in two weeks, I don t want it to get worse. What should I do? Thankyou,
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Lump in the calf muscle may be due to injury ( blunt trauma) which is a very common finding.
This is nothing but a hematoma( blood collection).
It will resolve itself within 3-4 days.
If , pain persist then take 1-2 tablets of OTC pain killers.
Apply ice packs over effected parts
Good luck.