Lump in back. Had open pore with pus in that area. Is this a concern?

I have a lump on my back, it is in the same spot that I used to have an open pore that I would have squeezed and white stuff would come out for the past 20 yrs, a few days ago I noticed a lump perturbing out of that spot, I did have someone squeeze it, lots of puss came out then blood , but the hard lump is still there, Is this a concern, should I see a doctor for this?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Hi there,
I think you have to see your doctor at this stage as the inflammation and infection may be is quite high.
You may need oral anti biotics and may be some anti inflammatory.
In the mean time kindly don't squeeze the area as you can get cross infection or more inflammation.
I hope that will be helpful.
Thanks very much,