Lump formation on the vein in neck. Could it be a symptom of STD?

For the last two months i have had a lump in the vein on the left side of my neck . It will come, usually in the morning and go away within a few minutes. Tonight my husband said he got the same thing and its probably a std . What would cause this? If it is a std, how can i contract it. i have only been with one other person besides my husband 16 years ago, and i know he has not been with anyone else for 16 years, also two years ago i was on birth control and every year when i had my check up they tested me for any stds whether i wanted them to or not.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013