Lump felt inside anus with severe itching, slight bleeding. How to get rid of it?

Hello, I had severe itching just barely on the inside of my anus for a few weeks. I could feel a little thin lump just on the inside of my anus with my fingertip. After the itching went away I didn t feel the small lump anymore. I was using the restroom the day before yesterday and I checked and I could feel a small thin line of lumps again in the same place as last time. However it doesn t itch. I did strain before using the bathroom before I checked. Sometimes it feels smaller than other times. It is not stopping me from using the festering and just to clear it up, I have not had anal sex. It bleeds very small amounts when I wipe sometimes but nothing serious. I haven t noticed any blood in my stool . Again it is a thin line just inside the anus.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. The history seems to points towards external skin tag.
2. since bleeding came as few drops: could be due to piles.
3. pain,heavy bleeding,burning sensation is not there acute fissure-in-ano, can be excluded [but requires general surgeon examination who will do a per rectal digital examination, to look for hard mass in anus or rectum to be sure]

. If you are constipated manage constipation. [since you strain, before using the bathroom], more roughage in diet, drink more water.
. if bleeding was there [mild], still ask for colonoscopy/sigmoidoscopy to rule out malignancy in colon or rectum.
General & Family Physician Dr. Salin K Eliyas's  Response
RFrom your description of the symptoms I'm of the opinion that the swelling is a hemorrhoid. To confirm the diagnosis a physical examination is mandatory.

I'd advise you to have more fibre rich diet in the meantime to check the progression of the disease. Stool softners are also helpful. Unusual straining over stools is one of the main risk factors of piles.

Please revert after a physical examination for further clarification.

Thank you for consulting with Healthcare Magic.