Lump below the knee since birth, another growing lump now little lower to that. What to do ?

hi, my son had a lump below his knee since he born & dr said it is nothing & will go away but still is there after 6 years, 2 months a go i took him to specialist & he said nothing important but since 2 weeks a go i found 2nd one little bit lower bigger & hurts , pls tel me what this can be & what to do? best regards, AAAAA
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include , lipomas, exostosis(benign bony outgrowth), growths from underlying connective tissue etc.
I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. He may get the X-ray of the area affected and FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of lump under his/her guidance

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.