Lump below eyebrow, hurting. What this could be?

Lump just below eyebrow? At first, I thought it was just a big pimple and it would go away eventually on it s own. It s been a few weeks, I think, but it still remains. It hasn t got any smaller, or bigger, I might add. I didn t really pay any attention to it until today. It feels like theres a lump below my skin. It doesn t hurt at all, not even when I apply a lot of pressure. I m just a little bit concerned. Does anyone know what this could be?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Your description is quite vague, but in my opinion a doctor will only be able to diagnose your condition after a physical examination.

The most common condition that causes a lump close to the eyelids, along the eyelashes is a 'stye', also called a hordeolum. The treatment for this includes warm compresses to be applied to the are, at least 4-5 times a day, topical antibiotic ointment/gel, and even systemic/oral antibiotics if required.

This is only an assumption as I said, and a appropriate diagnosis can only be made after a physical examination. Thus, please visit a doctor at the earliest, as the location is a very sensitive area.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.