Lump behind ear, near neck, ear infection due to earrings. Causes for symptoms?

hello..today i saw an lump behind my ear ( where the ear ends) near my neck ..i was wondering if this was caused cause i got a little infected ear from my earrings..then i noticed and two other lumps near neck and my head..dont know if u understood what i wanted to say cause my english isnt to good but i would like to have one answer from u..what could it be? thank u :)
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, your english is just fine and as I understand you have got swelling in the region of the neck and one behind the ear. Well as you have stated that you have an infection in your ear it could be an enlargement of the posterior cervical group of lymph nodes. You need not worry about it right away, you need to visit your local doctor and take a course of anti biotics. If even after that it doesn't subside then may be you will need a fine needle aspiration cytology of the lump to see the nature of the swelling. Don't worry and follow this course of action,. everything may turn out to be just fine. Take care.
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Souvik Adhikari's  Response
From your history, it appears that these lumps are possibly due to keloid formation which can follow ear piercings. These can also develop in individuals predisposed to it following trauma to any region. This said, one can be completely sure about the swelling only when examines you in person therefore you are advised to contact your doctor and get these swellings evaluated properly. If these turn out to be keloids then there is no need to worry.