Lump at the base of neck, bruised when touched. Anything to worry ?

I have a lump at the base of the neck that suddenly appeared. Feels like a bruise when touched. I had something similar occur after dental anesthesia , on my hand,where the anesthesia was administered, with two bumps on the vein . To find out it was not a blood clot that could travel to the brain. There is no cause this time around, and no respiratory issue. I am on a boat and have no direct access to a doctor. Is there any emergency for me to do so?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013