Lower back pain, pain shooting down legs, shin. Taking cataflam, mobic. Cure for pain?

Extreme lower back pain (by tail bone) shooting down legs especially hurts in my shin area. Sitting and laying don t seem to relieve the pain. It s waking me up at night, literally had no sleep this week. I ve been taking cataflam , mobic, advil , and alieve but get no relief. Fell down my parents stairs twice in the last year, once while pregnant. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to get pain relief without burning a hole in my stomach from all the NSAIDS and steroids the doctor has been giving me.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013