Lower back pain. X-ray shows disc degeneration. Have pelvic pressure. Due to lumbar problem?

I've had lower back pain for approx. 5 yrs. within the last 6 months it fas gotten worse. I had an X-ray that showed severe disk degeneration l5S1. I'm seeing an orthopedic dr next week. I've had pelvic pressure feeling last 6 weeks. It is not a pain but pressure feeling in low abdomen that comes ang goes. I have normal menses and no gastro problems. I am 46 yrs old. Could the pressure be linked to the lumbar problem?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013