Lower back pain. Why does chest also hurt? What can cure problem?

sir i am a govt.employee and i have to sit at a strecth in office.2 years ago i had a little pain in my back and lower spine.a small accident also taken place one year ago with me.after that i have acute pain in my lower spine and left chest .i have been taking treatment for a long time.but nothing cured of my i m hardly able to move or stand.i want ur advise.plz help me.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Given the history of trauma and worsening, incapacitating symptoms, a serious cause of the pain, such as a fracture, nerve compression, disk bulging, etc has to be ruled out as you have failed conservative managament. The best way to assess these by imaging would be through an MRI, and I would encourage you to see a specialist in the subject, namely an orthopedist or neurosurgeon with back specialty for further work up.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN