Lower abdominal pain, sticky menstrual blood. Cervicitis suspected. Should i be concerned?

i've been having lower abdominal pain for over a week. I went to planned parenthood and the ER a few days ago and they said that I have cervicitis but haven't had any positive results for any STD's. The pain hasn't subsided but I also started my menstrual today yet I'm slightly paranoid that it isn't my menstrual only because I've been feeling immense amount of pain and the blood has been what I can only describe as "gooey". Should I be worried or just ride it out until my cycle is over?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013