Lower abdominal cramping, bleeding with foul smell after an abortion. Need to go to emergency?

i had an abortion last march 16th of this year though medical pills and everything seems to be normal.As expected, I had episodes of lower abdominal cramping that is tolerable and the blleding is not that heavy..It s just these past four days the bleeding changed from bright red to dark brown and started to ommit a foul smell..I never had a fever and uncontrollable pain.My next doctor appointment is not until next week and I m very concerned about it. Should i go to the ER or wait for a week for my follow up.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013