Low grade fever, sore lymph nodes by neck and under ears. What range of temperature is considered safe?

I have had a low temp. The past 2 days. I also have had sore lymph nodes by by neck and under the ears. I have been taking 800 mg ibuprofen almost one a day for about a week because of the pain in my neck throat and ears. I just kissed a guy last night who came up with the flu and a fever this morning. If I were to get a fever I heard you are supposed to let it run its course. At what fever temp would someone with a 96.4 temp try to lower it. Would 100 or 101 still be safe?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012