Lost voice since weeks, test showed middle ear infection with fluid, treatment done, no improvement. Best remedy?

Hi there, I have lost my voice - its been 6 weeks and 2 days. I have gone and seen an ENT , who treated me. I was not getting better and he admitted me to hospital where I had a CT scan of the sinuses done and a hearing test . The CT scan came back clear but the ears had a middle ear infection with fluid build up. He kept me in hospital and on IV meds but the ears didnt clear, so five days later I went into theater where he drained the fluid and put grommets in, at the same time he checked the throat . Later that day I was seen by a speech therapist who said they I maybe have strained the voice box. I was discharged 2 days later and the ENT said that my voice would come back and my concern is that it hasnt come back. Please could you advise whats the best thing for me to do ????? Regards Wendy
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Wendy,

Can you provide a little bit detail of your throat findings, as stated by your ENT specialist- did he say it was Vocal edema or Vocal cord hypertrophy or Vocal nodule or something like that.

and also tell me -does your profession/lifestyle involves a lot of speaking or shouting?..If yes-then you certainly have to give your Voice Box STRICT REST.

steam inhalation will also help -2-3 times a day and if still the complaints remain, visit the doctor again and insist for a FODL/ Direct Laryngoscopy to be done upon you.