Lost voice, chest infection, feel short of breath. Is there any problem?

Hello I am almost 18 years old and I think I may have COPD because I feel short of breath. It all happened at a friends house about 5 years ago and suddenly when I came home an hour later I lost my voice and got a chest infection. then It never stopped I still feel short of breath. Back then all my friends parents pretty much smoked. Ive had this for a long time. I do not feel fatigued or had any chest pains. I went over there everyday after school. Stayed for a few hours and left. Will I die? I m rather worried.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012