Loss of voice during weekends after partying. Due to smoking cigarettes?

I m 24 and go out every weekend nearly, drinking and having fun but i always lose my voice the day after or during the night while im out, this never used to happen now i lose my voice nearly every weekend. I love going out to party but why can t my voice handle it? I don t do drugs and proberly smoke about 5-10 cigerettes a weekend. I do not smoke during the week or drink. only weekends.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Hi carlysalmon,
This problem of losing the voice is mainly because of the excessive used of the vocal cord which is responsible for the production of sound. Normally our vocal cord has a limit to with stand the trauma with which it can work, but in the weekends when you are partying very heavy you may exceed that limit because of excessive screaming and crying and with excessive smoking and drinking. This sudden stress ti the vocal cord causes it to swell and inflamed and decreases its activity and you start losing your voice.
The best way to avoid this is to avoid the excessive rough use of your voice which will give rest to your vocal cords.
Thanks and take care.