Loss of hearing and worsening of allergies after getting flu shot. Reaction? On prednisone

I received a flu shot ( heavy dose for my age 72) on October 12, 2012, within a few days my allergies got worse, heavy draining of my head and then began to experience loss of hearing in both ears. Had a steroid shot on Monday, Oct 22 and a second shot on Friday , Oct 26. I have now taken for two days prednisone 10 mg tablet. As of today my hearing is still blocked and I can barely hear. My doctor also flushed my ears on Oct. 26. Can a flu shot cause this type reaction or do you think that there my be other reasons and that I should see a specialist not just go back to my internist. Thank you,
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012