Loss of focus, get upset over trivial things, have mind blabbering random thoughts. Could this be ADHD?

Hi! I m a seventeen year old girl in highschool, I ve more recently have had problems focusing and I just feel like things arent right with me. Ever since 3rd grade I ve noticed I ve became more and more unfocused with school, but lately it s just killing me. I ve been feeling getting so upset over little things and scold myself later on. When I took the practice ACT I couldnt finish any of the subjects on time because my mind blabbering random thoughts .It is hard for me to keep organized as well. I feel so frustrated with myself. Could this unfortunately be AHDH? My mom says if I have it she doesn t want to get me medication because Retinol is addictive.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012

It is not unusua for children to have random thoughts. One has to learn to be more focussed and it does not happen overnight. Neither medication is going to make you more focussed. I suggest that you discuss with your school counsellor and, if necessary, consult a psychologist who may help you in being more focussed. It is not possible to say that you have ADHD without having a session or two with you.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.