Lose temper easily, get irritated on slight provocation, regret later. Family history of OCD. Prescribed Lexapro. Should I take it?

Hi I am a 36 year old woman. I tend to loose my temper very fast, am generally irritable and on slightest provocation get snappy, raise my voice at my helpers, kids and husband. I tend to say things which I regret saying later. My anger has started affecting my relationship with my family especially my husband. I think my marriage is crumbling. I have over the years wiped out all the good I did with my anger! My mother has been suffering from OCD since a few years. And I lost my father 2 years back. I was very close to himMost of the time I feel I don t have anyone to share my feelings with because my mother due to her illness doesn t talk much. Anger runs in my family. I have several friends and beauty is I am socially very polite and come across as a very affectionate, affable person! Right now I am very lonely and I am afraid I am going to loose all my relationships. I certainly don t want to end up as my mother! I went to a psychiatrist she prescribed Lexapro 10 mg but i am not sure to take this medicine, whether i was diagnosed correctly. Pl help
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012