Little pain under right foot, tender area in center of foot. Reasons ?

Hi there, I have felt a little pain under my right foot for a couple of days now. I first noticed it when I stretched in bed in the morning. So tonite I felt the bottom of my foot an found a tender area in the center soft spot of the foot. It s right beside the hard area under the big toe . A little lower an toward the center. It s a little bigger than a pea, and when I tighten skin there I can see blue color through skin. Ty for your time David
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Hi there.
Your symptoms point towards a very common problem called Plantar Fascitis.
This is swelling of the fascia covering the muscles under the foot.
The tender area which you feel at the centre is the attachment of the muscle to the bone. This is most strained when you stretch the foot.
Treatment is as follows:
1) Anti inflammatory medicine like Nucoxia 60 twice daily.
2) contrast bath to your foot.
3) Ultrasonic heat therapy to the area by a physiotherapist.
4) wearing soft sole footwear
5) Foot stretching exercises
6) wearing night dorsiflexion splints on your foot while sleeping.
Good luck.