Little lisp. Can we get rid of it?

i think that i ve got a little lisp, and i really want to get rid of it.. it just gets annoying when i talk, cause it makes me stop:/ where exactly do i place my tongue and like are my teeth to be closed, does the tongue touch the teeth, etc:) the problem with me is that when i pronoucne s my tongue comes out a bit between my teeth:L please help thankyouu:))
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM

You'll just have to concentrate in the mirror putting your tongue in the proper place until it is the habit! Don't be afraid of therapy.
Instruction time is really only to show you how to CORRECTLY practice on your own. Incorrect practice only reinforces negative habits. As for how long to fix, that depends on the person.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.