Lip swelling followed by bunch of circular spots on mouth, lip darkness. Had used petroleum jelly, chap-stick. Will it subside?

I use to have a swollen lip, i have been cleaning it by applying a wet warm towel for 30 seconds than applying petroleum jelly on for 4 minutes afterwards i clean the jelly off using a wet warm towel, and finally i put on chapstick. Now my lips isnt swollen anymore but has a bunch of circle spots around my mouth and my lips are getting darker. Was that a good way to clean my lips and do you know the cause of my lips getting darker? Also, do you know if the circle spots will go away?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012