Lightheadedness, passed out in the kitchen. Due to gas leak?

I was living in a small appt with a rinnai heater and could smell gas off and on. I told the owner that day and that night i came down stairs and started to get into the fridge and started to feel light headed and passed out. I went to the ER and my ox leval was way down as well as my blood pressure was very low i was at the point of them giving me a zap. It never dawned on me to tell them about the gas leak is it possible for that to have been the problem?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013