Lesion on the lip. Report says interpersonal squamous cell carcinoma, margins involved. What does it mean?

Hi, I have had a 3mm lesion excision for my top lip. I do not fully understand the report and would appreciate your opinion. The summary report reads.....interpersonal squamous cell carcinoma.margins involved. What does margins involved mean ? Does that mean that the margins are clear ?next query ...An irregular piece of tissue 6mm by 4mm by 3mm. All embedded...What does embedded mean. I understand that it was a small lesion but I am unsure that it has been totally removed as I have been referred into a dermatologist for more topical treatment. This is the second time it has recurred and been cut out of this area of lip. Many thanks
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013