Leg pain due to disc problem in back. Swollen ankle. Reason for pain?

Hi Im Tanya, I have 3 bad disc in my back that result in pain sometimes in my left leg. However lately my right leg has been having extreme pain. It almost feels like cramps . My ankle swells sometimes when I travel further south to visit my parents. But thats the only swelling . I thought the pain could be blood clots or maybe low potassium . I dont know what else it could be and I dont go back to the doctor for my back until next month. Could you give me a clue.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013