Leg injury. X-ray normal. Lump on shin, painful. Swollen foot. Taking Vicoprofen. Should I go to orthopedist?

I fell two weeks ago down the stairs in my home and injured both of my legs. I had x-rays and no breaks were found, however, now on my shin there is a very large lump that is numb in the center and extremely painful on the outer sides. I am able to walk, but it s very painful. My foot on the same leg (my right one) is also very swollen even when elevated and taking vicoprofen , and is bruised and red on top, and I cannot bend my foot - for example when walking I have to keep it flat. I plan on making an appointment with my orthopedist. Am I wise to do this or wasting my time and his?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012