Leg gets stuck when changing position of leg, painful. Could it be due to lack of glucose?

i am a 17 years old boy.I got some problem in my legs. i suffer from pain attacks.sometimes when i change position of my leg or even my toe , my whole leg gets stuck or jammed and i suffer from extreme pain.It seems that my muscles get stuck at just one place.This always happens below my knee ,i.e. near the ankle or between the knee and the ankle. I consulted my doctor. he said that this could be because of lack of glucose . mostly this happens during my sleep,when I don t know what position my leg will be in.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Are you a smoker. It can cause such sensation called parasthesia. I would also suggest you to get your serum B 12 estimation as lack of vitamin B12 causes tingling and numbness and burning in feet. I also want to recommend you to get Doppler examination to check if there is normal flow of blood in your both feet. Till that time you finished with all those investigation i would recommend you to take Pregabalin M tablet.