Leg badly bruised, knee swelling after a fall, tightness around knee, no relief with medicines. Suggestion?

I had a fall on 6th July out on the pavement. My right leg was badly bruised and knee swollen. Left ankle was sprained badly. brusies faded but swelling has been difficult to shift on the right knee and feet continue to swell. the leg is very tight round the knee and ankle and quite uncomfortable. I did take pain killers at the time and then took the strongest over the counter anti inflammatory available but it did not seem to have any effect
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012