Left tooth pain after using rented regulator while scuba diving

I went SCUBA diving with a rented regulator (the piece you put in your mouth ) on the 25th. That night I realized my lower left tooth was hurting, much akin to wisdom tooth growth. I woke up yesterday with white and clear bumps on my outer gum that resemble the blisters which show up on skin because of fever blisters. I had to use the same regulator yesterday for my certification and this morning my gum has several small, shallow holes where the blisters burst or were rubbed away by the rubber. It is not swollen but it is tender when pressure is exerted. My teeth do not hurt, but under my chin behind the jaw bone is also tender. There is no swelling to speak of. The dive shop puts rented gear in a tank of Mean Green to disinfect everything before renting it out. I called to ask if they had heard of this situation occurring before and no one seems to know anything about this. Thanks for your help!
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012