Left pectoral muscles are sore, hot and tender to touch since physiotherapy. How to relieve pain?

My left pectoral muscles are very sore and tender to the touch and also hot to the touch. This came on a few hours after a physiotherapy appt. in which the therapist really wrenched on my neck and held it in extended positions. Is this an obvious cause? If so, what should I be doing to relieve the pain? Stretches? Ice? Anti-inflammatories? Thanks. Linda R
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Jun 2015
Dear Linda,

The symptoms are attributed to muscular spasm due to improper stretching during Physiotherapy exercise.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained by adequate rest to the part, application of ice, intake of anti inflammatory agents like Ibuprofen, anti spasmodics like Dicyclomine preparation (to be taken after food) and application of analgesic & muscle relaxant gel.

Wishing you a good health.