Lateral epicondylitis, loose pigmentation of skin. Received a cortico-steroid injection. Suggest?

Hello, I received a cortico- steroid injection for lateral epicondylitis which caused my skin to loose pigmentation. I am an african american. I would like to know if this whitening is permanent? My Orthopedic Doc will not give me a second injection because of the said side effect. My elbow continues to be very painful. He is now suggestting a surgical procedure called a PRP release or Tenotomy. Would like to know the success rates if possible. I appreciate any information about my health issue. Thank You, CRoden
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013