Laser hair removal of underarms, reddish brown spots, possibility of hyper pigmentation

Hi, I have taken a laser hair removal for underarms just two days back and it was the first session. Before the treatment began, the doctor did apply an anesthetic cream. During the course of the treatment, I did feel some pain but the pain on the left underarm was more when compared to the other one. After the treatment I was given cool pads to put on for sometime and was asked to put a cream which I need to put for 3 days. For the past two days I havent applied any moisturising cream until today morning. I havent exposed my underarms to the sun either but just been applying the cream that I was given. However, I find that my left underarm has started developing some flat reddish/ brown spots (which are only a few). My underarm doesnt hurt nor do I feel any burning sensation. Could this be hyperpigmentation? If so, how can I get rid of it as I am worried that the pigmentation couldpose a problem during my second session. My next session is due on 22nd of next month. Please advice. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012