Large pink spotches on thighs, no pain, enlarging, itchy, burning sensation. How can i treat them?

Hi. I am 68 and have lost about 36 lbs since Dec 2012. I have been riding an exercise bike and walking a lot. Also change of eating habits. A number of weeks ago I noticed large pink spotches on my thighs but no pain. Within the last few days these have enlarged and itch and have a burning sensation (like sunburn). Especially after a shower. Any idea as to cause and how to treat them. Thanks for taking your time.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013