Large painless lump on foot, located at the starting of arch. Causes?

Hello, I have a rather large lump on the ball of my foot . It is painless, but I do not have it on my other foot. It does not feel like a bone, though. I have researched it on the web many times but could not find any results that matched what was on my foot. It is located where the ball of my foot ends and the arch starts.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Thank you for consulting HCM.
I suggest you visit your nearby GP for a clinical examination. if it is painless then it is unlikely to be an abcess or any other form of local infection. It might be a lodged foreign body forming a granuloma. Currently if it is painless then u need not worry about it.