Large painful spots, smelly white thick discharge comes out. Suggestion?

Hi there. My boyfriend suffers with spots anyway, but occasionally he gets the odd very large and painful one. However, recently a he has had a large lump for 6 months and a few weekd ago it popped and a very smelly white thick discharge came out, very different to he has had before. And then tnoght, it popped again and more of the discharge came out. It worries me that there is this gunk in his system? Is there anything you can tell me?
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012