Large lump on tail bone, causing severe pain and numbness in leg. Can it be removed?

I have a very large ( size of golf ball ) very hard like bone lump on my tailbone. I have had an Xray and i m wating results for my mri . I have had it for some yrs now but i have lost 100 lbs in the last yr and now i m in so much pain i can not sit down, and when i do my legs start to go numb. I have a constant shooting pain in my tailbone area. My question is if it comes back as soft tissue or a bone growth will they remove it ? Or will i live in pain for the rest of my life ???
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013