Large bowl movement, smells bad, mucus coming from anus

My 8 year old son has very large bowel movements that constantly clog my toilet. He also has a very bad smell that comes from his anus . (so bad we can smell it through his clothes if he sits next to us) At first I thought the smell was due to him not wiping correctly, but then we realized he still had this smell on days he didnt have a bowel movement. Insistant on checking if he was wiping right, I did check his anus and noticed a mucus coming from it. Besides being very large, he bowel movements are consistant. He usually goes to the bathroom every other day and has from the time he was small. It wasnt until about six months ago that the toilet clogging and smell started.
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
Looking to the history given here I could say that this could be intestinal infection it would be better to give the short course of antibiotic just on tentative basis and the best medicine would be "Trimethoprim" the dose can be adjusted according to weight, this is just nothing to worry, hope this information helps you have nice day.