OK so i have low White blood cells what do i do to make them come back to normal?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Sep 2009
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well ome to HCM.
White cells count ranges from 5000 t0 10000 normally. It can go down in many conditions like viral fever, leukemia, enteric fever etc. Befoere giving any comment
we must know how much low it is and the reason of it.So if you explain us associated
sympoms like fever, common cold cough etc if you have we can guide you better. And
usually no special measures taken to bring it to normal if it is marginally low. simply
over coming infection takes away suppression on bone marrow and auto matically it
comes to normal. Thanks
  Anonymous's Response

Low blood cell count? that means low immunity i guess should get in touch with ur doc soon.. eat healthy and nutritious food too..

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.Youdidnt mention how low they are.Normally it is due to the concomitant infection and once this infection is treated WBC level becomes normal.Cells become normal of their own.Good luck.
Dentist Dr. Sufiyan M K's  Response
A white blood cell are an important part of the body’s natural defense systems.A low white blood cell count can mean a number of different things. It happens when
-Person is fighting off an infectious disease.
-There is presence of other serious health problems such as leukemia, aplastic anemia and hyperthyroidism.
-You are taking certain medications which lower white blood cell production.
It is best to talk to a medical professional about any issues you may have with blood test results.

Pediatrician Dr. Akshay Joshi's  Response
it is important to know that is ur count found low at a single instance or at several instenses, and was it along with some health problems or found in just routine check up? if it is due to disease cure the disease counts will return to normal, other wise take a physician's help.
Hi Doctor
I know that my child has fanconi anemia and does go for a check up every 6 to 8 weeks her platelets is now on 80, and she is 4 years old how much should it be her weith is now 13.7kg. She has got low imune and gets any cold and virusus very easy but she has been better for the past 2 weeks from flu and cough, is it a good idea of taking her for injections before hand like flu shots or a vitamin booster just to help that she does not get so sick easy what can you suggest what I should do to keep her imune up at least, she is not a very very good eater but does have her lunch and yogurt and milk at night on a daily basis. Can you help to give advise on what to do and what is the best for her at this stage.